There are no current job openings at PRI
Top 10 reasons to work for PRI:
1. You are Mission Driven: PRI’s mission is to serve audiences as a distinctive content source for information, insights and cultural experiences essential to living in our diverse, interconnected world. We strive to grow people’s understanding of the world; increase participation and action based on this knowledge; and expand the availability of essential content in the media ecosystem through our direct efforts and by spurring other media organizations to emulate our work.
2. You Want to Make a Difference: Each day, we share powerful stories, encourage exploration and create connection by combining content and engagement opportunities to affect change. We care about the world we live in and are interested in making a difference in the world.
3. You Value Diversity: At PRI, you will have the opportunity to work with people who are bright, diverse, original, and truly passionate about their work. All our employment practices, benefits, and programs are administered without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with respect to receipt of public assistance, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
4. You Connect with Our Core Values: We believe our best work is accomplished when each employee connects with our core values.
- You intensely care about PRI, our mission and our impact on peoples’ lives.
- You strive to meet the needs of our end-users and clients every day.
- You are dedicated and committed to accomplishing amazing amounts of high-quality work.
- You exhibit ambition, a bias toward results and urgency on a daily basis.
- You are adventurous, optimistic, and open-minded.
- You embrace change and make wise decisions despite ambiguity.
- You learn rapidly and eagerly.
- You possess a sense of humor and create fun.
- You seek what is best for PRI rather than yourself or your group.
- You give your colleagues the benefit of the doubt and earn their trust.
- You promote an environment of respect and honesty.
- You are aware that your actions and behaviors affect the entire organization.
5. You Like a Good Challenge: Public media (and the media industry in general) is rapidly changing on almost a daily basis. This environment presents both challenges and opportunities that demand new and innovative approaches.
6. You Love Our Content: With our roots in public media, PRI extends its impact through web, mobile and social media platforms. Our content initiatives include national radio programs such as PRI’s The World®, The Takeaway, Studio 360®, and Live Wire Radio; the website PRI.org; podcasts such as World in Words and Boston Calling; and story initiatives such as Across Women’s Lives (documenting the power of women to improve their communities), Global Nation (revealing America’s changing population and issues facing its growing immigrant population), and GlobalPost (producing in-depth stories on international topics).
7. You Believe in the Power of Participation: Our content, although essential, only goes so far in building a deeper understanding of the world. So we also provide opportunities for personal participation around our stories. We want to help people connect with each other to engage, share, discuss and act. Through our website and other platforms, we enable people to share knowledge, encourage discourse, think creatively, and seek out multiple perspectives.
8. You Want to Be Part of a Global Organization: We work with productions all across the U.S. and Canada, and have affiliate stations in all 50 states. Our content is enjoyed by people around the world, so we connect the dots between local communities, national perspectives and global events. Despite our national recognition and abundant accomplishments, we are a relatively small organization with about 100 employees primarily located in Minneapolis, Boston, and New York. We work both independently and collaboratively within teams across different functions and locations.
9. You Want to be Compensated for Your Work: As much as you want to work hard and make a difference in the work, you also want to be compensated for your efforts. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
10. You Value Creative Office Spaces: From our headquarters space in downtown Minneapolis to our newsroom in Boston, PRI has created work spaces that provide every opportunity for collaboration and a sense of community within our staff. Our main office is located in Minneapolis just two blocks from the light rail system, the Twins stadium and a major public bus hub. Watch the following video on the development and design of our headquarters office: