Ukraine. Remember when it all began?
A year ago, after months of anti-government protests, President Viktor Yanukovych fled his Kyiv residence and was finally impeached. Since then, a ceasefire has managed to tamp down combat along some parts of the frontline, though both sides accuse the other of regular breaches.
Something else worth remembering: what Yanukovych left behind.
Protesters had their run of the presidential compound after Yanukovych fled, and here is a list of what they found:
Yanukovych. Keepin' it classy with curative beehives and decorative wood.
1) It doesn't not look like Monaco
"It's just like being in Monaco" - man on phone next to me at Yanukovich's residence outside Kiev pic.twitter.com/FZfU6xNHIp— Emma Wells (@Emmawells1) February 22, 2014
2) You know what they say about a guy with a golf course
3) He probably has a vintage car collection
Protesters swarm President Yankovych’s estate, finding a private zoo, vintage cars pic.twitter.com/eaKWrlgTMl— Anthony De Rosa (@AntDeRosa) February 22, 2014
4) And a huge friggin' boat
5) That has lots of little baby boats
6) And still room for other fancy stuff in the garage
7) Fake ruins really tie a place together
8) But not like a personal boxing ring does
9) Or your very own church
10) And a very personal bar selection
11) Yanukovych maintained connection to the people through karaoke
12) But there are lots of other channels if you're not into that
List of satellite channels available to watch in presidential summer spa/sauna - no BBC ?! pic.twitter.com/B6yagaWlAU— Emma Wells (@Emmawells1) February 22, 2014
13) Mac user!
14) Did you know he had a private zoo?
15) Hey, there are gnus at this zoo!
16) Ostriches too!
17) The pigs, for one, miss Yanukovych
18) Curative beehives?
19) Gilded bathroom
20) The sauna didn't always come with cameramen
21) Not just bath attendants, but hats for the bath attendants to wear
Inside the presidential spa - the hat says "main banya (sauna) attendant", wonder who will be using it now? pic.twitter.com/KkFlX0waDh— Emma Wells (@Emmawells1) February 22, 2014
22) Lest you think it's all frivolity, there are mountains of files on opposition journos
23) And a receipt for a handover of $12 million. In cash!
24) Also records of $3.8 million worth of wood decorations