Spanish police said Sunday that they've arrested the person they think is responsible for what's been described as the largest cyberattack in history, reported CNN.
The 35-year-old Dutch man was taken in on Thursday just north of Barcelona, where he operated out of a bunker when he wasn't driving around in his handy cyber-attacking van, according to a ministry statement cited by The Associated Press.
The vehicle served as a "mobile computing office, equipped with various antennas to scan frequencies,” said the interior ministry, a discovery that may point to what was behind the massive cyberattack that slowed Internet service around the world last month, according to AP.
The denial-of-service onslaught also overwhelmed the European anti-spam agency "The Spamhaus Project," said CNN.
The man, identified by police only by the initials SK, told authorities he was a diplomat with the “Telecommunications and Foreign Affairs Ministry of the Republic of Cyberbunker," according to AP.