One of the two male masseurs who have accused actor John Travolta of sexual assault has dropped his lawsuit against the Hollywood star.
The unidentified man, who claimed that Travolta groped him during a massage session in Beverly Hills in January, filed a notice dismissing his legal action with a federal court in Los Angeles on Tuesday, Reuters reports.
Travolta’s lawyer, Marty Singer, who calls the claims against the actor “absurd and ridiculous,” said Tuesday that Travolta had been “completely vindicated” by the dismissal of the first complaint, and would be “similarly vindicated” regarding the second action, which is set to go ahead, according to CNN.
A second unidentified man claims that the actor rubbed his leg, touched his genitals and tried to initiate sex with him during a massage session at an Atlanta hotel in January.
Okorie Okorocha, the lawyer for both claimants, told People magazine that he and the first masseur had “had differences in opinion of how to handle the case and decided to part ways,” but said the second masseur’s case was backed up by a series of emails in which his client complains to his supervisor about Travolta’s advances.
Travolta received Oscar nominations for his roles in both Saturday Night Fever and Pulp Fiction, and has been married to actress Kelly Preston since 1991, according to the BBC.