The Takeaway is dedicated to providing you with comprehensive coverage of the debate over U.S. military action in Syria. Your voice and opinion is not only important to us, but a vital part of our programming. Share your thoughts on what America should do in the comments below or call us atÂ 1-877-869-8253. Here you'll find some of the conversation that's been happening around the Web.
Post by The Takeaway.
I understand and support Barack Obama's position on #Syria.
– David Cameron (@David_Cameron) August 31, 2013
#Syria update 5: In BBC poll, 71 percent say MPs were right to stop UK military action against #Assad. http://t.co/qrApJsPBg2
– Jim Roberts (@nycjim) September 2, 2013
Joint statement from House GOP leadership on Syria: http://t.co/OZmw06R4MA
– Speaker John Boehner (@SpeakerBoehner) August 31, 2013
Pres. Obama is right: debate & authorization by Congress will make our country & response in Syria stronger. http://t.co/Kc8YC0jJAr
– Nancy Pelosi (@NancyPelosi) August 31, 2013
Sen. McConnell: "President's role as commander-in-chief is always strengthened when he enjoys the expressed support of the Congress" #Syria
– Sen. McConnell Press (@McConnellPress) August 31, 2013
NATO's Sec Gen Rasmussen says Aug 21 chemical weapons attack in Syria cannot be ignored.
– Gavin Hewitt (@BBCGavinHewitt) September 2, 2013
VIDEO: Members of Congress receive classified briefing on Syria: http://t.co/HUMArGes3N -KH
– The Associated Press (@AP) September 2, 2013
Military strikes in #Syria cannot bring justice http://t.co/A78GBsdGFw
– AmnestyInternational (@amnesty) August 31, 2013
If congressional debate builds support (somehow) for a more broader, strategic approach on #Syria, that could well be a positive outcome.
– Shadi Hamid (@shadihamid) September 1, 2013
#SecKerry on @FaceTheNation: Hair and blood samples from Damascus were tested, reported positive for sarin. #Syria http://t.co/tFO5FgICZK
– Department of State (@StateDept) September 1, 2013
Re: Syria: This is the most important decision any President or any Senator must make, and it deserves vigorous debate.
– Senator Rand Paul (@SenRandPaul) August 31, 2013
Watch: Chairman McCaul (@McCaulPressShop) on CBS @FaceTheNation on the latest on the situation in #Syria http://t.co/y6m0uVpqgR #FTN
– HomelandSecurityCmte (@HouseHomeland) August 25, 2013
– Benjamin Netanyahu (@netanyahu) August 27, 2013
Appreciate POTUS decision to go to Congress on Syria. I'll reserve judgment until the specifics of his authorization request are clear
– Rep. Frank Pallone (@FrankPallone) August 31, 2013