The Takeaway is dedicated to providing you with comprehensive coverage of the debate over U.S. military action in Syria. Your voice and opinion is not only important to us, but a vital part of our programming. Share your thoughts on what America should do in the comments below or call us atÂ 1-877-869-8253. Here you'll find some of the conversation that's been happening around the Web.
Post by The Takeaway.
I understand and support Barack Obama's position on #Syria.
– David Cameron (@David_Cameron) August 31, 2013
#Syria update 5: In BBC poll, 71 percent say MPs were right to stop UK military action against #Assad. http://t.co/qrApJsPBg2
– Jim Roberts (@nycjim) September 2, 2013
Joint statement from House GOP leadership on Syria: http://t.co/OZmw06R4MA
– Speaker John Boehner (@SpeakerBoehner) August 31, 2013
Pres. Obama is right: debate & authorization by Congress will make our country & response in Syria stronger. http://t.co/Kc8YC0jJAr
– Nancy Pelosi (@NancyPelosi) August 31, 2013
Sen. McConnell: "President's role as commander-in-chief is always strengthened when he enjoys the expressed support of the Congress" #Syria
– Sen. McConnell Press (@McConnellPress) August 31, 2013
NATO's Sec Gen Rasmussen says Aug 21 chemical weapons attack in Syria cannot be ignored.
– Gavin Hewitt (@BBCGavinHewitt) September 2, 2013
VIDEO: Members of Congress receive classified briefing on Syria: http://t.co/HUMArGes3N -KH
– The Associated Press (@AP) September 2, 2013
Military strikes in #Syria cannot bring justice http://t.co/A78GBsdGFw
– AmnestyInternational (@amnesty) August 31, 2013
If congressional debate builds support (somehow) for a more broader, strategic approach on #Syria, that could well be a positive outcome.
– Shadi Hamid (@shadihamid) September 1, 2013
#SecKerry on @FaceTheNation: Hair and blood samples from Damascus were tested, reported positive for sarin. #Syria http://t.co/tFO5FgICZK
– Department of State (@StateDept) September 1, 2013
Re: Syria: This is the most important decision any President or any Senator must make, and it deserves vigorous debate.
– Senator Rand Paul (@SenRandPaul) August 31, 2013
Watch: Chairman McCaul (@McCaulPressShop) on CBS @FaceTheNation on the latest on the situation in #Syria http://t.co/y6m0uVpqgR #FTN
– HomelandSecurityCmte (@HouseHomeland) August 25, 2013
– Benjamin Netanyahu (@netanyahu) August 27, 2013
Appreciate POTUS decision to go to Congress on Syria. I'll reserve judgment until the specifics of his authorization request are clear
– Rep. Frank Pallone (@FrankPallone) August 31, 2013
The story you just read is freely available and accessible to everyone because readers like you support The World financially.
Thank you all for helping us reach our goal of 1,000 donors. We couldn’t have done it without your support. Your donation directly supported the critical reporting you rely on, the consistent reporting you believe in, and the deep reporting you want to ensure survives.