The number of detainees at Guantanamo Bay on hunger strike has risen again, this time to 100.
The Associated Press reported on Saturday that Friday's 97 inmates participating in the protest had been joined by three more, bringing the total to 100.
Lieutenant Colonel Samuel House said in a statement on Friday that three more inmates than had been said the day before were refusing food while in detention at the American facility located in Cuba.
He said that none of the detainees have life-threatening conditions, but that 19 inmates are receiving liquid nutrients through a nasal tube and another five are under observation at the base's hospital.
The protest has been moving quickly since it started on February 6. Prison authorities have been releasing information about the hunger strike since March 11, when nine inmates had stopped eating.
Attorneys for the detainees said the official numbers being released are low and that around 130 inmates are participating in the hunger strike.
More from GlobalPost: Over a third of Guantanamo detainees on hunger strike, Pentagon says
The prisoners are protesting their detainment without charge or trial at Guantanamo since the prison was put to use 11 years ago in order to hold terror suspects detained in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
They also claim that prison officials searched their copies of the Quran for contraband, which is what sparked the hunger strike.
Officials have denied mishandling the holy book.