So Arnie is taking back his sword, eh?
Fancy that, Universal Pictures said Friday the actor formerly known as California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger will reprise the role that launched his movie career in “The Legend of Conan.”
“I always loved the Conan character, and I’m honored to be asked to step into the role once again,” Schwarzenegger said in a statement.
Not to mention, Hollywood completely botched last year’s remake of the 1982 classic, “Conan the Barbarian,” and we’re guessing Arnie is pissed. Either that or someone floated a boatload of cash his way.
Because, come on, 30 years is a long time.
And, if we remember correctly (collectively we’ve seen the movie 182 times, so yes, we remember correctly), Arnold spent much of “Conan” swinging a sword dressed only in a furry loincloth.
Can he still pull that off? He's 65 now, after all.
“This movie picks up Conan where Arnold is now in his life, and we will be able to use the fact that he has aged in this story,” producer Chris Morgan told Deadline.
“I love the property of ‘Conan’ so much that I wouldn’t touch it unless we came up with something worthy. We think this is a worthy successor to the original film. Think of this as Conan’s ‘Unforgiven.’”
More from GlobalPost: Schwarzenegger opens policy think tank at USC
“Unforgiven" is Clint Eastwood’s Oscar-winning revenge-themed western that ushered the aging action star into a director's chair with an, um, "graceful maturity."
(So is Morgan saying we’ll soon see Arnie giving speeches to invisible men at the Republican convention?)
This will be Schwarzenegger’s latest big role since retiring from politics, releasing a memoir and fathering a child with his nanny (or something).
He also played a more significant part in “The Expendables 2” this year after a cameo in “The Expendables” a couple of summers ago.
“The Legend of Conan” is set for a 2014 release.
Until then, The Governator is filming “Ten,” while “The Last Stand” and “The Tomb” are in post-production and should hit theaters next year.
Taking him into his 70s, presumably, will be a sequel to his 1988 hit “Twins” with Danny DeVito called “Triplets” (just announced) and a film called “Unknown Soldier.” Both are in pre-production.
More from GlobalPost: Arnie says Maria Shriver didn’t want him running for governor