Nineteen people, 18 of them children, have been confirmed dead after a landslide buried a primary school and three farmhouses in southwest China.
Some 100,000 cubic meters of mud hit Zhenhe village in Yunnan province early on Thursday morning, Xinhua reported.
By Friday afternoon, all 19 bodies had been recovered. No one else is thought to be missing.
Another adult was seriously injured but survived, a local official told Xinhua.
The Associated Press said some 2,000 people responded to the emergency, including locals, police officers, soldiers and medics.
Other residents trapped when a river was blocked have been evacuated from the area.
More from GlobalPost: Quakes hit China's Yunnan province
The quakes were followed by torrential rains that triggered floods and mudslides.
According to Agence France-Presse, the school would not normally have been open, since China is in the middle of a week-long national holiday.
The pupils were receiving extra lessons to make up for the ones they missed because of the earthquakes.
They didn't usually attend that primary school, Xinhua said, but had been transferred since their own school was badly damaged by the quakes and had to be demolished.
More than 30 students were supposed to attend the catch-up classes; those who were at school when the landslide hit at 8 a.m. had arrived an hour before lessons were due to start.
More from GlobalPost: What shoddily made bridges say about China