Over 233,000 Peg Perego strollers have been recalled after they were deemed a strangulation risk.
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission said that babies could become trapped and strangled in the strollers if the are not harnessed properly.
According to HealthDay, worries about the Peg Perego strollers date back to 2004 when a 6-year-old boy in California died after his head was caught between the tray and the seat bottom.
More from GlobalPost: Peru, Latin America’s hidden growth story
The Legal Examiner said that the same thing nearly happened to a young girl in New York City two years later.
The recall involves two older model strollers from the company: the Venezia and the Pliko P3.
Both strollers were sold up until 2010, CNN reported, and officials said that any parents with them should immediately stop using them and contact the company
More from GlobalPost: Kleenex hand sanitizer recalled for containing dangerous bacteria