Citizens have protested in Tunisia. There are threats of an uprising in Jordan. And it's day seventeen of public demonstrations against the government in Egypt.
Revolution is sweeping across northern Africa and the Middle East, and, in recognition of these revolutions, Patrik Henry Bass, senior editor at Essence Magazine, shares his favorite revolutionary books.
Patrik's Favorite Revolutionary Books
- "David Walker's Appeal," by David Walker
- "The Feminine Mystique," by Betty Friedan
- "The Jungle," by Upton Sinclair
- "The Motorcycle Diaries," by Ernesto Che Guevara
- "The Unbearable Lightness of Being," by Milan Kundera
- "Their Eyes Were Watching God," by Zora Neal Hurston
- "Weep Not, Child," by Nguguwa Thiongo