If you are an energetic, detail oriented, highly organized self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, then you could be the newest member of PRI's Finance team! As the Revenue Accountant, you will have primary responsibilities for Accounts Receivable and revenue accounting. You will work directly with PRI’s revenue teams to effectively and efficiently record and track revenue, receivables and resulting revenue share obligations.
PRI is a global non-profit media focused on the intersection of journalism and engagement to affect positive change in people’s lives. We are creating a more informed, empathetic and connected global community by inspiring people to understand the world’s cultures, issues and events. Each day, we share powerful stories, encourage exploration and create connection by combining content and engagement opportunities to affect change. We are looking for diverse, passionate, and adventurous individuals that want to work in an innovative environment. If you are interested in making a difference in the world, please consider applying for this position!
Essential responsibilities include:
- Manages the AR process for station customers, corporate sponsors, syndication, licensing and other business contracts. This responsibility includes billing, collection calls, approving cash receipts and reconciling between multiple general ledger systems.
- Assists in maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the company’s financial records, including the general ledger, subsidiary ledgers and other detailed records to support PRI financial activity.
- Supports the revenue teams by developing and monitoring progress toward budget and forecast goals for revenue line items and related expenditures.
- Maintains records for revenue share clients based on invoices issued and cash receipts.
- Assists with the annual audit. Prepare confirmation letters and audit schedules.
- Develops and maintain necessary interdepartmental relationships in order to recommend enhancements and improvements to PRI financial reporting and processes.
- Provides accounting backup and support to the Finance department for AR, AP and GL functions.
- Performs financial and other corporate duties as required or assigned.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required with two to six years of increasing responsibilities and success in revenue accounting positions.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret financial statements, budgets and budget projections.
- Ability to collect data, establish facts, and solve complex problems.
- Ability to demonstrate clear and expressive verbal and written communication skills, as well as genuine active listening skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently within established guidelines.
- Ability to express independent judgment to identify opportunities and to determine project guidelines, purpose, follow-through and completion.
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and control, financial reporting, cash management, and accounting rules for a non-profit organization.
- In-depth knowledge of computerized accounting and budgeting software and other necessary software applications – including Workday, Microsoft CRM and Dynamics.
The position is based at PRI’s headquarters in Minneapolis.
To apply, please e-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com
PRI embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity employer!
PRI: Hear a different voice™.