World marks a milestone with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
From Canada to the UK and the US, the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine has crossed a major milestone in being deployed in public COVID-19 vaccine programs. But lots of other vaccine efforts are in the works around the globe, with greater and lesser success. And, Russian President Vladimir Putin congratulated US President-elect Joe Biden on winning the US election. He was one of the last world leaders to acknowledge Biden's victory. Also, a 100-year-old Christmas tree could be the oldest artificial tree in the United Kingdom.
We’re only 443 people away from reaching our goal of 1,000 donors! When you give $100 or more to support the show, you’ll not only receive an invite to a virtual party with Marco Werman and The World team, you’ll also get to hear your name in our podcast credits. WE NEED YOU! Consider helping us reach our goal today and support independent journalism. Visit www.theworld.org/give to donate. Thank you!
- What about all the other COVID-19 vaccines? December 15, 2020
- Mass vaccination centers ready across Germany December 15, 2020
- US sanctions Turkey over Russian-made weapons December 15, 2020
- Two sides of a Mexican American family show how identity and politics diverge December 15, 2020
- Putin (finally) congratulates Biden on US election victory December 15, 2020
- Executions under Trump administration buck global trend away from death penalty December 15, 2020
- Bringing back Nigeria’s abducted boys December 15, 2020
- A very special 100-year-old artificial Christmas tree December 15, 2020
- The Italian origins of latkes December 15, 2020