World on edge after attack on US Capitol
US President Donald Trump’s remaining days in office have the nation — and the world — on edge. Even with all the available images of the storming of the US Capitol, it's still hard to comprehend. Many are asking how the attack was even possible and what national security concerns the US faces as a result. Also, Guinness World Records has confirmed that Stig Severinsen has broken the world distance record for swimming with fins with just one breath.
- Fiona Hill: US Capitol attack has 'elements of a civil conflict'
- China’s 'vaccine diplomacy' fills void in developing world left by US 'vaccine nationalism'
- Danish freediver breaks underwater distance record with one breath
- US State Department designates Yemen’s Houthis as terror organization
- Why has apathy taken hold amid huge COVID-19 death toll?
- Where does US national security stand in aftermath of the US Capitol breach?
- Americans ask, ‘Is this us?’
- Trump preps visit to the US-Mexico border wall to tout his immigration policy legacy
- Hungary artist’s BLM sculpture causes an uproar
- Malian singer Nahawa Doumbia urges her fans, ‘Don’t go’