White House breaks with Trump’s 'maximum pressure' policy, calls for Iran talks
In a break from the previous administration, the White House announced that it is ready to meet with Iran and other signatories of the 2015 nuclear deal. And, getting soldiers and militias fighting wars to lay down their weapons for a vaccine rollout seems unlikely. But Norwegian Refugee Council Secretary General Jan Egeland suggests it can happen, and it can be a first step to ending conflicts. Also, landing of Perseverance rover on Mars was accompanied by NASA's first-ever Spanish language broadcast for a planetary landing.
- Biden admin ‘ready to meet with Iran’
- Political repression continues in Belarus
- Will female comedians have the last laugh in China?
- Houthi offensive on Yemen’s Marib could be a civilian tragedy
- In Ethiopia, a taste of home for displaced Yemenis
- Vaccine ceasefires: Pipe dream or ‘doable’?
- Naming coronavirus variants
- White House to report on climate migration
- Polish activists charged with ‘offending religious beliefs’ for rainbow-halo Virgin Mary posters
- NASA’s first-ever Spanish language broadcast for a planetary landing