Which interpretation of Islam will guide Taliban governance?
Islam is the key pillar of the Taliban’s vision for their newly formed government in Afghanistan. But which interpretation of Islam will guide the group's governance? And, over the last year, Russian President Vladimir Putin and Belarusian strongman leader Alexander Lukashenko have met six times. Recently, the two leaders announced concrete steps that will lead to further economic integration between the two countries. Also, yesterday police raided a museum in Hong Kong devoted to preserving the memory of the 1989 massacre of protesters in Beijing's Tiananmen Square.
- Taliban’s 'Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan' is based on specific ideology
- Obama foreign policy adviser Ben Rhodes reflects on 9/11 and US mission in Afghanistan
- 20 years after 9/11, global terror threats persist in Africa
- Women’s US Open final set for Saturday
- Russia and Belarus edge toward further integration
- German play recounts trial of neo-Nazi murders
- Afghan musician Quraishi
- Tiananmen museum raided
- Upside-down rhinos chewing gum on pavement win 2021 IG Nobel prizes