Learn more about who we are by visiting theworld.org/whoweare.
Help us reach our goal of 1,000 donors today!
Donate $100 or pledge $8.33/month to receive an invite to a virtual party with Marco Werman and The World team!
What’s at stake in a likely US transition of power
Although the results of the US presidential election are not official yet, all indicators point to a victory for Democratic candidate Joe Biden. But the transfer of presidential power looks like it will be difficult. And, with coronavirus infections surging at record levels in the US and Europe, many nations are imposing new restrictions. Reporter Elana Gordon looks at the pros and cons of the different lockdown approaches. Also, if you’re in the United States, have you received your "emotional support Canadian"? According to a viral tweet, don’t worry, one will be assigned to you shortly.
Big news! The World is participating in NewsMatch. From now until the end of the year, every dollar of support will be generously matched by a coalition of national funders. This means a gift of $50 will provide $100 of support for The World’s critical journalism. Double your impact today!
Thank you for your support. Visit www.theworld.org/give to donate.
- As US election winds down, the transition ahead could be treacherous November 06, 2020
- Trump and the authoritarian playbook November 06, 2020
- LGBTQ candidates won US elections in droves this week. Their momentum crosses borders. November 06, 2020
- Lessons from Beirut on the US election November 06, 2020
- Learning from different kinds of lockdowns November 06, 2020
- Myanmar prepares for a remarkable but messy election November 06, 2020
- Denmark orders culling of minks to fight coronavirus November 06, 2020
- Some Americans fled to Canada when Trump won. Will a Biden presidency bring them home? November 06, 2020