What lockdowns look like outside the US
Air travel in the US is at the highest it's been since March as Americans head home for the Thanksgiving holiday. But in other parts of the world, like Greece, strict lockdowns would prevent this kind of movement. And, in the United Kingdom, calls to "save Christmas" are making some people of other faiths feel ignored. Plus, "The Queen's Gambit" is a hit on Netflix. Meet the man behind the games depicted on the series: Russian chess grandmaster Garry Kasparov.
Be a superhero and help keep The World spinning! Our coverage wouldn’t be possible without incredible individuals working behind the scenes. Donate today to support the work of our superhero staff and help keep our coverage free and open to all. Donate $100 or pledge $8.33/month to receive an invite to a virtual party with Marco Werman and The World team! Visit theworld.org/whoweare to make your contribution and learn more about the superheroes behind The World's compelling stories! Thank you for your support.
- What lockdowns look like around the world November 25, 2020
- Calls to “save Christmas” in the UK make people of other faiths feel ignored November 25, 2020
- Moldovans vote for transparency November 25, 2020
- South Korea sends COVID-19 care packages to say thank you November 25, 2020
- Remembering Argentina’s soccer legend Diego Maradona November 25, 2020
- Following loss in war, Armenians bid adieu to Kelbajar area given to Azerbaijan November 25, 2020
- Beirut animal shelter struggles to stay open November 25, 2020
- COVID-19 regulations take a toll on nursing home residents in Canada November 25, 2020
- New Scottish law guarantees free tampons and pads for all November 25, 2020
- How 'The Queen's Gambit' portrayed chess the right way November 25, 2020