The US State Department’s future under the Biden administration
As President-elect Joe Biden announces his picks for the State Department's top positions, experts are making recommendations for how the department needs to change. And, clashes between Ethiopia's federal government and rebels in the northern region of Tigray have continued for three weeks, displacing tens of thousands of people, with no end in sight. Also, the first time, the Oxford English Dictionary couldn’t pick only one word of the year.
Be a superhero and help keep The World spinning! Our coverage wouldn’t be possible without incredible individuals working behind the scenes. Donate today to support the work of our superhero staff and help keep our coverage free and open to all. Donate $100 or pledge $8.33/month to receive an invite to a virtual party with Marco Werman and The World team! Visit theworld.org/WhoWeAre to make your contribution and learn more about the superheroes behind The World's compelling stories! Thank you for your support.
- The future of the State Department November 24, 2020
- Biden pick to lead US mission at UN will 'rebuild ties with our closest allies,' says former amb. November 24, 2020
- Biden names John Kerry as presidential envoy for climate change November 24, 2020
- Egypt cracks down on human rights activists November 24, 2020
- The escalating conflict in northern Ethiopia November 24, 2020
- A new way of studying video gaming and its health impacts November 24, 2020
- In Greece, a coding boot camp for migrants and refugees November 24, 2020
- Bars for queer and transgender women are disappearing worldwide. Will they survive the pandemic? November 24, 2020
- Oxford English Dictionary cannot decide one ‘word of the year’ November 24, 2020