Like what you’re reading? This is your chance to support the high-quality, nonprofit, international news you read here. And when you make a gift now, and your donation will be matched.
US sides with Israel on settlements
Among those testifying in today's impeachment hearings was Jennifer Williams, a Russian adviser to Vice President Mike Pence. This leads us to ask: Just how deeply involved is Pence in all of this? Plus, the US no longer considers Israeli settlements to be a violation of international law. And, on Friday, the Federal Communications Commission will vote on a set of proposals that would further restrict the use of Huawei and ZTE equipment in American networks. Several small, mostly rural American carriers rely on this Chinese technology. What would restrictions mean for these carriers?
- ‘I will be fine for telling the truth’ November 19, 2019
- Legal recognition of West Bank settlements could 'kill off' hope of two-state solution, says former US ambassador November 19, 2019
- In Turkey, a boarding school cares for Uighur children separated from their parents November 19, 2019
- Identity and 'Phantoms' remembered by Iranian musician November 19, 2019
- If FCC bans Huawei, rural carriers may have to 'rip and replace' gear November 19, 2019
- Hostages released in Afghanistan November 19, 2019
- Love around the world November 19, 2019
- Australia wildfires continue to rage November 19, 2019
- The latest on impeachment November 19, 2019