US security assistance to Ukraine
Since 2014, the US has committed more than $1.5 billion in security assistance to Ukraine. How does Ukraine’s military use those funds, and why are they so essential? Plus, the name Sergii Leshchenko keeps coming up in conjunction with the US impeachment inquiry. He's a former member of Ukraine's parliament and now a journalist. Republicans say he helped the Democratic Party in the 2016 US presidential elections, which Leshchenko denies. And, we've got an interview with Robbie Robertson, songwriter and lead guitarist for the iconic Canadian rock band, The Band.
The World is a public media news program that relies on the support of listeners like you. Donate today during our NewsMatch campaign and have your donation doubled. Go to theworld.org to donate!
- US military aid for Ukraine November 22, 2019
- Prince Andrew and Epstein November 22, 2019
- The end of the two-state solution November 22, 2019
- UK takes children born to ISIS supporters November 22, 2019
- Death threats for Russian YouTuber November 22, 2019
- Charging South Korea more for US troops would 'turn us into mercenaries,' expert says November 22, 2019
- Robbie Robertson reflects on brotherhood, music and 'The Last Waltz' November 22, 2019