Like what you’re reading? This is your chance to support the high-quality, nonprofit, international news you read here. And when you make a gift now, and your donation will be matched.
Is US military discipline in jeopardy?
US Navy Secretary Richard Spencer is out of a job after disagreeing with President Donald Trump over the case of Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher. Also, pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong had record voter turnout in a landslide victory for local council district elections. So, what comes next? And, a new study shows striking similarities in world music; suggests music may impact culture more than culture impacts music.
- Navy SEAL saga 'cuts to the core' of trust in the military, says Army combat veteran November 25, 2019
- Veterans worry about justice in the military after Trump backs Navy SEAL November 25, 2019
- This former Ukrainian MP wants US politicians to 'stop playing the Ukrainian card' November 25, 2019
- Dresden art heist November 25, 2019
- France's silent victims of abuse November 25, 2019
- Australia probes alleged Chinese plot to install spy in parliament November 25, 2019
- What's ahead for Hong Kong after election landslide November 25, 2019
- China brainwashing camps November 25, 2019
- London moves to get rid of Uber November 25, 2019
- Kids given chicks in Indonesia November 25, 2019
- The US deports asylum seekers to Guatemala: November 25, 2019
- How universal is music? November 25, 2019