Learn more about who we are by visiting theworld.org/whoweare.
Help us reach our goal of 1,000 donors today!
Donate $100 or pledge $8.33/month to receive an invite to a virtual party with Marco Werman and The World team!
US government says Iran behind voter-intimidation emails ahead of US election
The US Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe and FBI Director Christopher Wray announced Wednesday that Iran is behind a campaign of sending threatening, faked emails to voters in the US ahead of the 2020 presidential election. And, in the wake of the pandemic, the International Monetary Fund has doled out billions of dollars to keep countries afloat, with few restrictions. But now those countries say the IMF wants them to impose austerity measures. Also, a doctor in northeastern India dances for COVID-19 patients to make them feel happy — and a video of his moves has gone viral.
Support The World during our fall fundraiser! Nonprofit journalism depends on your philanthropic support. Be one of the 1,000 people to donate $100 or pledge $8.33 a month to receive a special invitation to a virtual party with Marco Werman and the team at The World! Thank you for your support. Visit theworld.org/give to donate today!
- US government says Iran was behind Proud Boys voter intimidation emails October 22, 2020
- Nigerians in the diaspora join #EndSARS protests October 22, 2020
- New policy allows ICE to fast-track deportation process October 22, 2020
- ‘No mask, no goddess’: Kolkata reimagines Durga Puja festival amid pandemic October 22, 2020
- Cuban rookie is lighting up Major League Baseball’s post-season October 22, 2020
- IMF reassures COVID-19 support after hundreds of groups push back against belt-tightening measures October 22, 2020
- The growing generation gap in politics among Vietnamese Americans October 22, 2020
- New exhibit showcases fake art October 22, 2020
- What Germany can teach the US about quitting coal October 22, 2020
- Dancing doctor in India goes viral October 22, 2020