Like what you’re reading? This is your chance to support the high-quality, nonprofit, international news you read here. And when you make a gift now, and your donation will be matched.
UN climate report paints a bleak picture
A new UN report about climate emissions shows that the world is way off track to meet the goals set by the Paris Climate Agreement. Also, Russia is under fire again for allegedly falsifying laboratory data and could be banned from major global sporting events. Plus, the world's top rated sushi restaurant has been removed from the Michelin guide. The fabled restaurant Sukiyabashi Jiro was featured in the 2011 film "Jiro Dreams of Sushi." So, what happened?
- Emissions continue to go up and up November 26, 2019
- Two amigos at the center of the impeachment saga November 26, 2019
- ‘Presidents are not kings’ November 26, 2019
- World Anti-Doping Agency eyes four-year Olympic ban for Russia November 26, 2019
- This Venezuelan newspaper editor is fighting to keep publishing — from Spain November 26, 2019
- Catholic priests in Argentina sentenced for child sexual abuse November 26, 2019
- Iceland's first lady juggles multiple jobs November 26, 2019
- Bolivians sue former president in the United States November 26, 2019
- Michelin Guide excludes world’s ‘most popular’ sushi restaurants November 26, 2019
- K-Pop stars are not exempt from military service, says South Korea November 26, 2019