Ukraine and Russia peace talks begin
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy is in Paris on Monday to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin for the first time at a summit hosted by Germany and France. Plus, the story of Aung San Suu Kyi's testimonies in The Hague this week in support of Myanmar's government. Also, a new generation in Finnish politics has helped make Sanna Marin the new prime minister. At 34, Marin has become the world’s youngest prime minister.
The World is a public media news program that relies on the support of listeners like you. Donate today during our NewsMatch campaign and have your donation doubled.
- Ukraine's Zelenskiy and Russia's Putin face-to-face meeting December 09, 2019
- UK election December 09, 2019
- New Zealand volcano eruption leaves many unaccounted for December 09, 2019
- Russia banned from international sports December 09, 2019
- Women now run politics in Finland December 09, 2019
- Amb Lute on the war in Afghanistan: The US is 'taking a very hard look at itself' December 09, 2019
- House judiciary committee reviews impeachment arguments and evidence December 09, 2019
- Ukraine corruption December 09, 2019
- Humanitarian hero, or genocide enabler? December 09, 2019