Trump's last-minute pardons include four Blackwater security guards
With less than one month left in the White House, President Donald Trump has granted pardons to four Blackwater security guards responsible for the killing of 14 Iraqi civilians in 2007. And, with thousands of truck drivers held up since Sunday at Dover port, scuffles ensued with British police when the drivers realized they would not make it home for Christmas. And, we look at how religious rituals and spirituality can help communities build a more just, sustainable world — with a special Christmas song in Swahili.
We’re only 288 people away from reaching our goal of 1,000 donors! When you give $100 or more to support the show, you’ll not only receive an invite to a virtual party with Marco Werman and The World team, you’ll ALSO get to hear your name in our podcast credits! WE NEED YOU! Consider helping us reach our goal today and support independent journalism. Visit www.theworld.org/give to donate. Thank you.
- Trump pardons four Blackwater security guards December 23, 2020
- Trump’s use of presidential pardon power December 23, 2020
- Women accuse ICE of medical abuse while in custody December 23, 2020
- Israel heads toward yet another national election December 23, 2020
- Tracking diversity at top corporations December 23, 2020
- Delays and tension at British port of Dover December 23, 2020
- French police crack down on migrants in Calais December 23, 2020
- China tops list for detaining journalists December 23, 2020
- No room for mail in Canada’s far north December 23, 2020
- ‘Connecting with God by caring for the environment’: Franciscan monk in Kenya shares Christmas message December 23, 2020