Learn more about who we are by visiting theworld.org/whoweare.
Help us reach our goal of 1,000 donors today!
Donate $100 or pledge $8.33/month to receive an invite to a virtual party with Marco Werman and The World team!
Trump fires Defense Secretary Mark Esper
US President Donald Trump fired the head of the Pentagon, Defense Secretary Mark Esper, on Monday, after Trump questioned his loyalty to the administration. And, the last four years of the Trump presidency have tested America's traditional alliances in Europe and forged other unconventional ones. Now, with President-elect Joe Biden poised to take office in January, European leaders are looking ahead. Also, The World remembers TV icon, Alex Trebek.
Big news! The World is participating in NewsMatch. From now until the end of the year, every dollar of support will be generously matched by a coalition of national funders. This means a gift of $50 will provide $100 of support for The World’s critical journalism. Double your impact today!
Thank you for your support. Visit www.theworld.org/give to donate.
- Trump fires Defense Secretary Mark Esper November 09, 2020
- Silence from Mexico on Biden win November 09, 2020
- Paris agreement gets ‘new lease on life’ under Biden, climate advocates say November 09, 2020
- Biden-Harris celebrations in Ireland, India November 09, 2020
- Europe reacts to news of Biden win November 09, 2020
- The NBA works ‘super hard’ to reestablish ‘open dialogue’ in China November 09, 2020
- PLO official: Biden is 'no savior' for Palestinians but should hold Israel 'to account' November 09, 2020
- Pfizer boosts optimism for COVID-19 vaccine November 09, 2020
- Kamala Harris’ historically Black sorority has ties all over the globe November 09, 2020
- Remembering TV icon and Canadian, Alex Trebek November 09, 2020