Transnational criminal gang bust via FBI app
Officials in the US, Australia and Europe on Tuesday for the first time revealed details on a massive criminal gang bust operation that involved law enforcement in more than 16 countries. Dubbed “Trojan Shield,” the operation entailed tricking crime bosses into using an encrypted messaging app. And, Gaza’s medical infrastructure was verging on collapse even before the recent conflict with Israel. Now, conditions are even more dire. Also, in celebration of the United Nations World Oceans Day, Cuban singer and violinist Yilian Cañizares has released a song called "Yemayá," her tribute to the West African goddess of the sea.
- Transnational criminal organizations thought they were using an encrypted app to communicate. It was run by the FBI.
- Global police sting raises questions on surveillance and privacy
- After killing of Muslim family in Canada, this advocate calls for a collective plan to fight Islamophobia
- Tracing the dark history and the current state of palm oil
- Medical infrastructure in Gaza verging on collapse
- The word ‘apartheid’ is used to describe Israel’s control over Palestinians. Why is it so loaded?
- Moscow multimedia exhibition focuses on anti-Kremlin protest culture
- US Vice President Kamala Harris sends a strong message to migrants on her first international trip.
- A song for World Oceans Day