Tension between allies as NATO summit begins
All eyes are on NATO as the 70th anniversary summit gets underway in London. We speak with Ambassador Karen Pierce, the UK's representative to the United Nations, about the tension that's opened up between US President Donald Trump and French President Emmanuel Macron. Also, Trump is making additional international headlines while in London by threatening new tariffs against Argentinian and Brazilian steel, along with some French luxury goods. And, "Baby Shark" gets a Navajo language cover.
Today is #GivingNewsDay, an opportunity to show your support for the high-quality, nonprofit journalism you hear on The World. Make a gift now, and your donation will be doubled. Consider becoming a recurring donor by making an $8 a month donation. Donate here.
- NATO summit in London December 03, 2019
- NATO'S future December 03, 2019
- ‘Hands off our NHS’ December 03, 2019
- An 'ideal Socialist village' December 03, 2019
- American programmer faces criminal charges over North Korean trip December 03, 2019
- Baby Shark's next video will be in Navajo December 03, 2019
- More tariffs December 03, 2019
- USA’s Megan Rapinoe wins women's Ballon D'or December 03, 2019
- Prince Andrew's accuser speaks December 03, 2019
- Deadly political unrest in Iran worst in decades December 03, 2019
- Using storytelling to combat climate change December 03, 2019
- Astronomer helps NASA find moon lander December 03, 2019