Learn more about who we are by visiting theworld.org/whoweare.
Help us reach our goal of 1,000 donors today!
Donate $100 or pledge $8.33/month to receive an invite to a virtual party with Marco Werman and The World team!
Sudan and Israel to start normalizing relations
Sudan is set to start normalizing relations with Israel. The move comes as the US removes Sudan from its list of state sponsors of terrorism. And, China's Belt and Road Initiative is transforming countries across the globe with new infrastructure, mining and factories. But physical investments are only part of the story: China is making a digital power play, too. Also, despite the ongoing unrest in Mali and a pandemic, Timbuktu-based music group Songhoy Blues is optimistic.
- Sudan to normalize relations with Israel
- COVID-19 hits Brazilian families dealing with Zika especially hard
- Chileans vote to rewrite constitution
- French teacher’s murder widens France-Turkey rift over secularism
- China's new Silk Road runs through cyberspace, worrying rivals and privacy advocates
- Belarusians strike to demand president's resignation
- This Malian band has hopes for a better future