Like what you’re reading? This is your chance to support the high-quality, nonprofit, international news you read here. And when you make a gift now, and your donation will be matched.
Protests over fuel prices sweep Iran
A rise in fuel prices sparked protests across Iran on Friday and through the weekend. In response, the Iranian government shut down the Internet for some 80 million people. Plus, how did Rudy Giuliani get entangled in so many foreign policy issues and business ties. Also, the White House has its own lawyers, so why does Giuliani loom so large within the president's orbit? And, Bei Bei the panda heads back to China this week after four years at the National Zoo in Washington, D.C. Could the panda's return be part of China's diplomacy efforts?
- Protests in Iran turn violent November 18, 2019
- Violent clashes at a Hong Kong university November 18, 2019
- A miniature Brontë manuscript November 18, 2019
- Tech security for government officials November 18, 2019
- Bye-bye, Bei Bei: Is diplomacy at play with this panda’s return to China? November 18, 2019
- Trump lashes out at Pence aide Jennifer Williams November 18, 2019
- Rudy Giuliani, international man of mystery November 18, 2019
- 'I just couldn't sleep': Uighur activist calls for China to stop targeting minorities November 18, 2019
- ‘For Sama’ film premieres in US November 18, 2019