Preparing for the largest vaccination effort in history
The world is readying for the largest vaccination effort in history amid a pandemic that has killed millions. There is also an initiative to ensure equitable vaccination around the world, though several countries have already started vaccinations on their own. And, this week the European Union’s top court ruled Hungary's asylum policies breached EU law. Also, a conversation with NASA astronaut Chris Cassidy who spent 196 days in space this year.
We’re only 365 people away from reaching our goal of 1,000 donors! When you give $100 or more to support the show, you’ll not only receive an invite to a virtual party with Marco Werman and The World team, you’ll also get to hear your name in our podcast credits! WE NEED YOU! Consider helping us reach our goal today and support independent journalism. Visit www.theworld.org/give to donate. Thank you!
- Vaccinating the whole world: The week in review December 18, 2020
- In Afghanistan, a top US general meets with the Taliban December 18, 2020
- Kidnapped Nigerian schoolboys return home December 18, 2020
- Muted celebrations for Beethoven December 18, 2020
- Royal Spanish Academy dismisses movement to make Spanish more gender-inclusive December 18, 2020
- Hungary’s asylum process failed to uphold EU regulations, court finds December 18, 2020
- For many across Europe, Christmas is 'canceled' this year December 18, 2020
- Arab Spring: 'It's time to rethink' US approach to the Middle East, says Kim Ghattas December 18, 2020
- Cassidy from space: 'Looking down at Earth, it's just this blue ball of peace' December 18, 2020