The plight of unaccompanied Afghan minors
In the chaos of the US withdrawal from Afghanistan and the mass evacuation, a number of unaccompanied minors ended up on flights out of the country. Now comes the difficult task of reuniting them with families or helping them find new homes. Also, if you’re in the market for a puffy vest this winter, you may need to be patient. The shipping bottlenecks occurring at California ports continue to have an outsized impact on US retailers like Eddie Bauer. And the world mourns the loss of pioneering Black filmmaker Melvin Van Peebles, who died on Tuesday at the age of 89 in his home in New York. Van Peebles was known as the “godfather of modern Black cinema” with themes of resistance and Black liberation.
- Unaccompanied minors are among the thousands evacuated from Afghanistan
- Why are Afghans refugees but Haitians at the border are not?
- Is Washington seeing a shift on US support for Israel?
- Economist Asks: After Merkel
- Shipping bottleneck impacts US retailers
- Is Russia playing a part in Europe’s energy crisis?
- UK accepts Indian vaccine but still requires travelers from India to quarantine
- Many Venezuelan migrants in Latin America struggle to get vaccinated
- This film professor says Melvin Van Peebles taught her that 'when Hollywood is closing the door, you find your own way'