Outcry over Trump's WHO funding cut order
President Donald Trump says he’s halting funding for the World Health Organization pending a review. How would the funding cut affect the WHO’s work? And, there's a global backlash against Trump's WHO announcement, especially in places where the organization is vital like in Democratic Republic of Congo, where they are not only dealing with COVID-19 but also Ebola. Also, a priest in Vancouver, Canada, has a social distancing solution for confessionals for his congregation: a drive-through option.
Our coronavirus coverage has never been behind a paywall.
No paywalls, ever.
Your donations help us make our nonprofit journalism available to everyone.
- What’s the impact of Trump suspending US funding for the WHO? April 15, 2020
- Hell and other destinations April 15, 2020
- ‘My sister is not a statistic’ April 15, 2020
- How researchers hope to restore the unique sound of Notre Dame April 15, 2020
- The bees of Notre Dame April 15, 2020
- Trump's WHO funding cut harms 'fragile' health systems, organization's Africa head says April 15, 2020
- Stop the party April 15, 2020
- Doling out money in midst of the coronavirus April 15, 2020
- Rohingya women are traditionally kept out of leadership roles. Will the coronavirus change that? April 15, 2020
- In a new MoMA audio guide, security guards are the art experts April 15, 2020
- In search of a confessional? These priests offer a drive-through April 15, 2020