Nursing homes hit hard by the coronavirus in Canada
North of the US border in Canada, long-term care facilities for the elderly have been especially hard hit by the coronavirus. And, two Harvard University medical students are leading an initiative to raise awareness about COVID-19 and to debunk myths that are spreading in communities in South Asia and the Middle East. Also, as the pandemic continues to upend the lives of people around the world, many are using the simulation game Animal Crossing to find a sense of normalcy and connection.
Our coronavirus coverage has never been behind a paywall.
No paywalls, ever.
Your donations help us make our nonprofit journalism available to everyone.
- CES convention may have spread coronavirus throughout the US — and world April 24, 2020
- 'It felt like a war zone': Coronavirus tears through Canada nursing homes April 24, 2020
- Amazon France loses appeal of ruling on worker safety April 24, 2020
- Repurposing frozen airline meals April 24, 2020
- IVF clinics closed due to the coronavirus April 24, 2020
- Harvard medical students debunk COVID-19 myths April 24, 2020
- The importance of keeping your pandemic bubble small April 24, 2020
- The Netherlands to immigrants: Speak Dutch April 24, 2020
- Amid pandemic, Animal Crossing gamers create dreamy ‘islands,’ travel and mingle with friendly (and really cute) animal neighbors April 24, 2020
- A duet by Yo-Yo Ma and Angelique Kidjo April 24, 2020