New rule for resettling refugees
If US states and cities want to allow refugees to resettle in their communities, state and local officials have to sign off on it. The new rule stems from an executive order issued by President Donald Trump. On a related note, immigration is a subject that's become more and more prominent in children's books. And Marco Werman picks global musical trends of the past decade.
The World is a public media news program that relies on the support of listeners like you. Donate today during our NewsMatch campaign and have your donation doubled.
- Executive order deadline extended December 27, 2019
- This children's book author explores themes of immigration and identity December 27, 2019
- Mexico complains that Bolivia is harassing its diplomats December 27, 2019
- Christmas lottery December 27, 2019
- Chernobyl fallout December 27, 2019
- The Kremlin forcibly conscripted an opposition ally. It's illegal, investigator says. December 27, 2019
- On the ice December 27, 2019
- The 7 global music trends from the past decade December 27, 2019