Myanmar’s increasingly deadly crackdown on protesters
Police and troops in Myanmar are intensifying a crackdown on unarmed protesters. They opened fire on civilians, killing at least 18 people on Sunday and wounding dozens. And in Pakistan, past vaccine programs have been hindered by a mix of conspiracy theories, a CIA operation and opposition by religious leaders. Will it be different with COVID-19? Also, it was a big night for Chloé Zhao who on Sunday became the first woman of Asian descent to win a Golden Globe for directing.
- Violence in Myanmar
- Israel transmission research
- COVAX vaccines distributed in Ghana
- Hong Kong activists remain defiant
- Saudi crown prince presents conundrum for the White House
- The biggest challenge for vaccine workers in Pakistan? Staying alive.
- Honduran undocumented immigrant leaves sanctuary church after more than three years
- Migrants desperate to work occupy Brussels church
- ‘Nomadland’s’ Chloé Zhao becomes first Asian woman to win a Golden Globe for directing
- WTO head Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala makes history
- Climate leaders hope new WTO head will transform global trade