Military coup in Myanmar raises alarms at home and abroad
In Myanmar, a military coup has outraged citizens. Some of their elected leaders have been detained and cut off from the world and no one knows if the army will lock up even more civilians. And, Tuesday, President Biden signed three executive orders to alter US immigration policies. Also, a new study published by the Lancet shows that Russia's Sputnik V vaccine is nearly 92% effective against COVID-19, according to interim trial results.
- Relent or resist the coup? Myanmar’s citizens plot their next move.
- Russia’s COVID-19 vaccine is highly effective, according to new study
- Putin critic Alexei Navalny sentenced in Moscow
- US Air Force Academy alumni joins in condemnation of Capitol Hill siege
- COVID-19 racial stats: A ‘double-edged sword’ for some marginalized groups in Canada
- Remembering Captain Sir Tom Moore
- Biden administration signs 3 executive orders on immigration
- A US focus on global climate justice policy
- Owsley Stanley, Indian ragas and the San Francisco scene