Learn more about who we are by visiting theworld.org/whoweare.
Help us reach our goal of 1,000 donors today!
Donate $100 or pledge $8.33/month to receive an invite to a virtual party with Marco Werman and The World team!
Migrant father faces criminal charges in Greece after son drowns at sea
In an unprecedented move by the Greek government, an Afghan father was arrested and faces charges of child endangerment after a dinghy carrying 25 migrants capsized in the Aegean Sea, resulting in the drowning of his son. And, international observers from the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe said the US election ran smoothly and criticized US President Donald Trump for promoting baseless allegations of fraud. Also, Singles Day, a consumer shopping and sales event created by China's e-commerce giant Alibaba 11 years ago, is now celebrated as a national holiday.
Big news! The World is participating in NewsMatch. From now until the end of the year, every dollar of support will be generously matched by a coalition of national funders. This means a gift of $50 will provide $100 of support for The World’s critical journalism. Double your impact today!
Thank you for your support. Visit www.theworld.org/give to donate.
- Migrant father faces criminal charges after son drowns at sea November 11, 2020
- Several injured in explosion during WWI ceremony in Saudi Arabia November 11, 2020
- Hungary proposes ban on same-sex adoption November 11, 2020
- What Biden’s presidency means for the Iran nuclear deal November 11, 2020
- International observers find no systemic fraud in US elections November 11, 2020
- ‘We will stand firm’ in fight for democracy in Hong Kong, former party chair says November 11, 2020
- China celebrates Singles Day November 11, 2020
- In Italy, religious organizations' 'fetus graves' reignite abortion debate November 11, 2020
- Italy's coronavirus response was a role model for Europe. What went wrong? November 11, 2020
- An electronic Yoruban prayer song November 11, 2020