Learn more about who we are by visiting theworld.org/whoweare.
Help us reach our goal of 1,000 donors today!
Donate $100 or pledge $8.33/month to receive an invite to a virtual party with Marco Werman and The World team!
Israel, Bahrain and the UAE signed historic agreement
Israel, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates signed a historic agreement to normalize ties on Tuesday, breaking a long-standing regional taboo and indicating a larger realignment of Middle East nations. Also, a new survey shows that America’s reputation has declined further over the past year among many key allies and partners. And, during the pandemic, socializing outside with friends and family has been a valuable coping mechanism. But as the weather cools in many parts of the US, it may be time for Americans to embrace the Norwegian concept of friluftsliv.
- Palestinians worry about the impact of the Abraham Accords. They say it's time to elect new leaders. September 15, 2020
- Israel, UAE and Bahrain sign historic agreements September 15, 2020
- Arctic’s largest ice sheet loses a piece the size of Manhattan September 15, 2020
- Biden and Trump campaign in search of the Latino vote in Arizona September 15, 2020
- Ancient wine press unearthed in Lebanon September 15, 2020
- US reputation plunges, global study says September 15, 2020
- 300,000 immigrants with Temporary Protected Status left in limbo September 15, 2020
- Pandemic raises fears for immigrant doctors whose status in the US is uncertain September 15, 2020
- New rule of six enforced in Britain to fight COVID-19 September 15, 2020
- Nalvany poisoning shows it’s ‘much riskier’ now to stand up to the Kremlin, says investigative reporter September 15, 2020
- Norwegian friluftsliv may become valuable coping mechanism amid pandemic September 15, 2020