Like what you’re reading? This is your chance to support the high-quality, nonprofit, international news you read here. And when you make a gift now, and your donation will be matched.
Iraqi prime minister to resign
Iraqi Prime Minister Adil Abdul-Mahdi says he will resign after one of the bloodiest days of anti-government protests. Also, French politicians and environmentalists say oui to banning Black Friday, maintaining that it really doesn't save people money and it hurts the Earth. Plus, it's been 400 years since the first Africans were brought to the English colonies as slaves. We'll tell you how people in Ghana are still grappling with the role that their ancestors played in the slave trade.
The World is a public media news program that relies on the support of listeners like you. Donate today during our NewsMatch campaign and have your donation doubled.
- Iraqi prime minister to resign amid bloody protests November 29, 2019
- Mapping border disputes November 29, 2019
- France's anti-consumerism movement on Black Friday November 29, 2019
- What to do with those Thanksgiving leftovers? November 29, 2019
- Who let the cats out? November 29, 2019
- Counting penguins from space November 29, 2019
- Weatherman foiled by Siri November 29, 2019
- A professor with Ghanaian roots unearths a slave castle’s history — and her own November 29, 2019