Guatemala suspends US deportation flights over coronavirus concerns
Guatemalan government officials say at least 44 Guatemalan migrants who were deported on a flight from the US this week have tested positive for COVID-19. And, Google and Apple are working together to improve the technology for contact tracing in an effort to help counter the coronavirus outbreak. Also, around the world, coronavirus restrictions are forcing people to get creative in their kitchens. In Japan, this has led to the revival of a 1,000-year-old method for making cheese.
Our coronavirus coverage has never been behind a paywall.
No paywalls, ever.
Your donations help us make our nonprofit journalism available to everyone.
- Guatemala suspends US deportations April 17, 2020
- Detroit needs Canadian nurses. But coronavirus threatens their cross-border travel. April 17, 2020
- Indians stranded in the US due to coronavirus face poverty, eviction April 17, 2020
- ISIS families held in Syrian camps face uncertain futures. Now, the coronavirus also looms. April 17, 2020
- Belarusian soccer games continue during pandemic April 17, 2020
- Apple and Google join forces on COVID-19 contract tracing April 17, 2020
- President Trump’s plan to reopen America April 17, 2020
- Policymakers rush to stave off economic collapse on the African continent April 17, 2020
- Pro athletes find creative ways to train from home during coronavirus April 17, 2020
- In Japan, a 1,000-year-old cheese recipe makes its comeback April 17, 2020
- Neighborhood radio in Lebanon April 17, 2020