Learn more about who we are by visiting theworld.org/whoweare.
Help us reach our goal of 1,000 donors today!
Donate $100 or pledge $8.33/month to receive an invite to a virtual party with Marco Werman and The World team!
A global lens on America’s elections as Trump refuses to concede
For many decades, the US has presented itself to the rest of the world as the gold standard when it comes to free and fair voting. So how does that square with President Donald Trump now refusing to concede after losing? And, China has four COVID-19 vaccines in phase 3 trials. But with so few coronavirus cases in the country, it’s forced to hold trials in the Middle East, Southeast Asia and Brazil. Also, “Transplant,” a new Canadian TV series, offers a fresh take on medical dramas.
Big news! The World is participating in NewsMatch. From now until the end of the year, every dollar of support will be generously matched by a coalition of national funders. This means a gift of $50 will provide $100 of support for The World’s critical journalism. Double your impact today!
Thank you for your support. Visit www.theworld.org/give to donate.
- China testing vaccines worldwide
- What the Biden-Harris win means for Modi
- ‘It’s a sculpture of an idea’: Activist defends nude statue honoring Mary Wollstonecraft amid backlash
- ‘Transplant’ offers a fresh take on medical dramas
- A pioneer of salsa dies of COVID-19
- Democracy’s global beacon dims
- A diplomat weighs in on American credibility as Trump refuses to concede
- Foreign policy is a big part of Biden’s climate plan
- Member of Biden’s COVID-19 task force outlines priorities