Gaza conflict intensifies as Arab and Jewish mobs attack each other
A "civil war" is erupting in the streets of Israel, as Arab and Jewish mobs attack each other. We get a view from inside Israel. Plus, Amsterdam has become the first city in the world to ban ads that promote fossil fuel-intensive products, like gas-guzzling cars and cheap flights. And, several months ago, the city of Krakow, Poland, realized it had a problem. It needed someone to play the trumpet. The gig had specific requirements: the candidate would have to pass a fitness test, not be afraid of heights, and be willing to work a 24-hour shift.
- Clashes spread across Israel to further inflame Gaza conflict
- The world celebrates Eid — including some of The World’s listeners
- Amsterdam bans fossil fuel ads from its metro
- Graphic designer creates biodegradable masks that bloom flowers when buried
- US inches ahead on cybersecurity protections
- Influential Russian feminist activist Tatiana Nikonova dies at 43
- As India’s COVID-19 cases continue to mount, a data journalist keeps track
- COVID-19 leaves some Indian mariners stuck at sea, others onshore
- Land shark in New South Wales
- Germany plans to return looted Benin Bronzes to Nigeria. Will other countries follow suit?
- Looking for a trumpeter who’s not afraid of heights