Learn more about who we are by visiting theworld.org/whoweare.
Help us reach our goal of 1,000 donors today!
Donate $100 or pledge $8.33/month to receive an invite to a virtual party with Marco Werman and The World team!
French police conduct raids of suspected extremists after teacher's murder
French police on Monday conducted raids of Islamic associations and individuals suspected of extremist religious beliefs after the beheading of a history teacher near Paris. The teacher was fatally attacked in the street after having shown his class caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad in a discussion on free speech. And, violence between Armenia and Azerbaijan is now heading into its third week, even after multiple attempts at a ceasefire. Also, more than 50 people have died in Turkey over the past week after drinking bootleg alcohol.
- French authorities crack down on Islamic groups
- Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict hits diaspora close to home
- Europe faces harsher COVID-19 restrictions
- Some classic films on Disney+ get racism advisory warning
- Protests in Thailand defy authorities
- Pandemic’s deadly side effect: Global rise in bootleg alcohol poisonings
- Evo Morales’ socialist movement returns to power in Bolivia
- Hardline nationalist candidate wins Turkish Cypriot election
- UN arms embargo on Iran expires
- Beloved Irish dolphin disappears