With foreign interference a recent memory, how secure are 2020 US elections?
Foreign interference was a key concern going into Election Day. So, what did happen on the cybersecurity and disinformation front, and what can we expect next? And, Britain is keeping a close eye on the results of the US election, as their own country faces a new lockdown after midnight Wednesday evening. Also, in this limbo period, when we wait to hear who won and which way the US goes next in the world, Iran and Afghanistan are two places that play big into American foreign policy. Like the rest of us, they're also waiting for the news.
Big news: The World is participating in NewsMatch! From now until the end of the year, every dollar of support will be generously matched by a coalition of national funders. This means a gift of $50 will provide $100 of support for The World’s critical journalism. Double your impact today!
Thank you for your support. Visit www.theworld.org/give to donate.
- Hacks and disinformation on Election Day November 04, 2020
- In Mexico, Trump and Biden supporters await what’s next for US-Mexico ties November 04, 2020
- China reacts to US election November 04, 2020
- World leaders react as US election results come in November 04, 2020
- Young Latinos broke records in early voting numbers November 04, 2020
- UK reacts to US election as new lockdown looms November 04, 2020
- How a nation comes back from a deeply divisive election: The Kenya case November 04, 2020
- Iran and Afghanistan keep an eye on US elections November 04, 2020
- Why is Arizona trending blue? Ask Latinos and immigrants who live there. November 04, 2020