Doctors in Italy struggle to keep up with COVID-19
Italy now has reported the most deaths from COVID-19, and doctors are scrambling to keep up with the demand for hospital beds and ventilators. More than 300 million students in China are stuck at home and getting their schooling through online classes. We report what massive experiment in online learning has been like for kids, parents and teachers across the country. For many athletes around the world, the Olympics are a time to shine. The coronavirus has disrupted many athletes' training for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games, and it's brought up concerns about health and safety.
Our coronavirus coverage has never been behind a paywall.
No paywalls, ever.
Your donations help us make our nonprofit journalism available to everyone.
- 'We are seeing many doctors falling ill' with coronavirus, Italian doctor says March 23, 2020
- As Spaniards flee cities, the countryside fears coronavirus March 23, 2020
- Trump's China tariffs hampered US coronavirus preparedness, expert says March 23, 2020
- International Criminal Court says Pompeo is threatening its staff March 23, 2020
- What climate change action can learn from coronavirus March 23, 2020
- After stressful transition to online learning, many in China are 'begging' to go back to school March 23, 2020
- Russia is underreporting coronavirus cases, Russian doctor says March 23, 2020
- Canada says no to summer Olympics March 23, 2020
- This Mexican American immigrant wants the US to win gold in the 2024 Olympics — for breakdancing March 23, 2020