Deciding how to allocate scarce medical resources
With masks and ventilators in short supply, how health care providers around the world deciding to allocate scarce resources? And, Moscow residents got a four-hour notice Sunday before the city went under a sweeping quarantine. The order from the mayor of Moscow came just days after Russian President Vladimir Putin announced a week-long, paid, stay-at-home holiday. Also, the new Social Distancing Festival was created as an online space for artists to showcase their work if a performance or exhibition has been impacted by COVID-19.
Our coronavirus coverage has never been behind a paywall.
No paywalls, ever.
Your donations help us make our nonprofit journalism available to everyone.
- Health care workers ‘feel powerless’ in choosing who to treat for COVID-19 March 30, 2020
- Combat in the world’s biggest conflict areas not slowing down despite COVID-19 March 30, 2020
- Families in limbo as refugee resettlement is suspended due to COVID-19 March 30, 2020
- When social distancing means living among animals March 30, 2020
- Europe’s ‘tree of the year’ March 30, 2020
- Coronavirus in Russia March 30, 2020
- Nigeria’s shutdown March 30, 2020
- How the WHO nudges nations to act in solidarity during the COVID-19 pandemic March 30, 2020
- Artists flock to the only ‘festival’ still on during COVID-19 March 30, 2020