Crisis-hit countries facing the potential of millions of deaths from coronavirus
The curve may be starting to flatten in Europe and in the US, but a new report suggests in many crisis-hit countries around the world, the worst may yet be ahead. And, Chile has considered a plan to issue people with "immunity passports" allowing them to return to work — but it has raised controversy. Also, professional sports leagues in most countries around the world have been either postponed or canceled, but this is not the case for the CPBL, Taiwan’s professional baseball league.
No paywalls, ever.
Your donations help us make our nonprofit journalism available to everyone.
- Virus set to devastate war zones April 28, 2020
- Bolsonaro’s ‘so what’ response to coronavirus deaths is the latest in his spiraling political crisis April 28, 2020
- Shakira passes time in lockdown by taking online philosophy course April 28, 2020
- Can Biden turn out Latinos to vote? Advocacy groups aren't sure. April 28, 2020
- 'Stay home or dance with us': Ghana's dancing pallbearers urge social distancing April 28, 2020
- Speculation about Kim Jong-un and his success April 28, 2020
- Chile’s immunity passports April 28, 2020
- Fires, orchestras, parachutes. Some other ways to describe coronavirus — besides war. April 28, 2020
- COVID-19 shakes up international student life — and university budgets April 28, 2020
- Baseball in Taiwan April 28, 2020