Countries ban travel from UK over variant coronavirus fears
Over 40 countries worldwide have now banned travelers from Britain over concerns about the spread of a new, more contagious variant of the coronavirus. Also, this past summer, Russian dissident leader Alexei Navalny was poisoned. Over the past two weeks, a joint news investigation is shedding light on many of the missing details about this attack. The "Jurassic Park" film series is the inspiration for a planned tourist center on the Indonesian islands where the Komodo dragon lives. Officials say a park will bring in more profits but environmentalists are raising concerns the park will ruin the lizards' habitat.
We’re only 309 people away from reaching our goal of 1,000 donors! When you give $100 or more to support the show, you’ll not only receive an invite to a virtual party with Marco Werman and The World team, you’ll ALSO get to hear your name in our podcast credits! WE NEED YOU! Consider helping us reach our goal today and support independent journalism. Visit www.theworld.org/give to donate. Thank you!
- Over 40 countries close their doors to the UK December 21, 2020
- New variants of the coronavirus emerge December 21, 2020
- Massive hack or routine espionage? December 21, 2020
- Fiji reels from second cyclone in one year December 21, 2020
- Colombian singer Carlos Vives: Protecting the environment is the ‘only way to save folklore’ December 21, 2020
- Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny tricks FSB agent into revealing how he was poisoned December 21, 2020
- Breakthroughs in the Uighur struggle for justice December 21, 2020
- A therapists' network supports immigrants, advocates during pandemic December 21, 2020
- Fears over Indonesia’s 'Jurassic Park' December 21, 2020