Confrontation with migrants in Guatemala part of a Trump administration policy
Guatemalan soldiers forcefully prevented a large group of migrants who were attempting to walk across the country and eventually reach the US. The tough stand taken by Guatemala at its border is in large part because of policies put in place during the Trump administration. Also, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced Tuesday that the Chinese Communist Party has “committed genocide” against the Uighur ethnic group. Also, 12 bottles of Bordeaux red wine are now back on Earth after aging for the last year aboard the International Space Station.
- Guatemala and Mexico militarize their borders for the last caravan of the Trump era
- Trump policies behind pushback of migrants at Guatemalan border
- McFaul: Blinken has a chance to 'reinvigorate America's place in the world'
- A post-America world: Biden's challenges begin at home, former diplomat Richard Haass says
- US says Chinese govt is ‘committing genocide’ against Uighurs
- As Merkel era ends, who will be her successor?
- The Trump administration’s lasting damage to the Arctic Council
- Extremists celebrate US democracy in crisis in online forums
- Case of Bordeaux returns to Earth after year in space